Wednesday, June 1, 2011

My Book Boyfriend (20)


My Book Boyfriend is a weekly meme hosted by Missie of The Unread Reader, in which we swoon over boys in books!
(I--as in me, Amy--don't like to use commercial photos, I like to use the authors' descriptions and my imagination.)



Daniel Kalbi
Book: The Dark Divine by Bree Despain
Series: Dark Divine

A talented artist and also an Urbat or Hound of Heaven with blond hair (dyed to a light brown) and floppy bangs that hang over his forehead. Almost-nonexistent boy hips, sinewy, muscular arms and dark eyes any girl could get lost in. He had a rough time in his youth that led him to some unsavory actions, but he never forgot Grace, and that, as well as an older werewolf named Gabriel helped him to clean up and straighten out his life.







Quotes:


"You're safe," Daniel shouted from somewhere below me. "Push off and let go, and I'll catch you."

"I can't," I said. His oice sounded too far away--too far to fall. I couldn't look.

"It's just like jumping from the gate in the Garden of Angels."

I panted into my shaking arms. "I almost killed myself then, too."

"And I caught you then, too." Daniel's voice seemed closer now. "Trust me."



His lips parted, melting soft. He wrapped his arm around my waist under the blanket, and pulled me onto his lap. His hands slid up my back, over my shoulder blades. The afghan fell to the ground. Then one of Daniel's hands was in my hair, cradling my head. His mouth became warm and fierce. He pulled me hard against his chest, as if he couldn't get me close enough.



2 comments:

Sorry about the CAPTCHA folks. I'm getting too much spam again!!

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every one that I receive and I appreciate your thoughts.