Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Teaser Tuesdays (58)


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly event hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.



Today's book: Stick by Andrew Smith


They call me Stick.

I am six feet tall, an inch taller than my brother, Bosten, who is in eleventh grade.
I'm thirteen, and a stick.

My first real name is Stark, which in my opinion, is worse than being called Stick. It was my great-grandfather's name, and I suppose my parents were all into connecting with our roots or something when they decided to put it on me. My great-grandstick lived and died in Ireland and never once set his eyes on me in his entire life. But I'm pretty sure he'd call me Stick, too, if he ever had.
(Page 5, ARC)







1 comment:

  1. Hey, thanks for the tease, Amy! Hope you enjoyed the book!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the CAPTCHA folks. I'm getting too much spam again!!

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every one that I receive and I appreciate your thoughts.