Well the first month of 2011 is officially over and I have to say this year has started off rather well! I had my first Blogoversary Celebration, my first author visit of the year and my very first Guest Blogger! I also managed to finish 15 books this month...GO ME!
Books I read and their "Dragon Hearts of Love" rating:
(For reviews, please go to "Books Read in 2011")
1. His Darkest Hunger by Juliana Stone 4
An enticing new shifters world with intense characters.
2. Vampire Crush by A.M. Robinson 4
This debut book got me hooked on this author's writing, I can't wait for more from her.
3. Bitter Frost by Kailin Gow 3
This story has been done before and I found this one lacking in depth and emotions.
4. Forever Frost by Kailin Gow 3
Book two in this series didn't improve very much for me. I will not be carrying on with the series.
5. Masked by Moonlight by Nancy Gideon 4
Incredible characters, where the mob and the police walk a fine line together.
6. Confession's of A Vampire's Girlfriend by Katie MacAlister 4
Not my favorite of Katie MacAlister's writing, but I love her humor and characters.
7. Evernight by Claudia Gray 4
A surprising twist on the girl loves boy and vampire romance that intrigued me to purchase the next book.
8. Ash by Malinda Lo 3
A retelling of the Cinderella fairy tale with an incredible twist on just who the 'prince' charming is for Ash.
9. The Duff by Kody Keplinger 4
Although I don't agree with Bianca's method of dealing with her problems, I loved the story underneath her actions.
10. My Blood Approves by Amanda Hocking 2
This was a hard read for me, I found the story slow and dragging, with little emotion to grab a hold of me and pull me in.
11. Poison Study, 12. Magic Study, 13. Fire Study by Maria V. Snyder 5 (each)
This incredible trilogy pulled me in from the first pages, incredibly strong characters made it hard to put these books down.
14. Darkness Becomes Her (ARC) by Kelly Keaton 4
A different approach to Greek mythology with modern paranormal folklore mixed in, this book is the first in a new series and I'm dying to read the next one.
15. Taken by Lilith Saintcrow 2
I did not like this book at all, I couldn't connect with any of the characters and found the heroine to be bland.
How was your month?