Monday, October 25, 2010

Shade by Jeri Smith Ready


Shade:
Best. Birthday. Ever. At least, it was supposed to be. With Logan's band playing a critical gig and Aura's plans for an intimate after-party, Aura knows it will be the most memorable night of her boyfriend's life. She never thought it would be his last.

Logan's sudden death leaves Aura devastated. He's gone.

Well, sort of.

Like everyone born after the Shift, Aura can see and hear ghosts. This mysterious ability has always been annoying, and Aura had wanted nothing more than to figure out why the Shift happened so she can undo it. But not with Logan's violet-hued spirit still hanging around. Because dead Logan is almost as real as ever. Almost.

It doesn't help that Aura's new friend Zachary is so understanding--and so very alive. His support means more to Aura than she cares to admit.

As Aura's relationships with the dead and the living grow ever complicated, so do her feelings for Logan and Zachary. Each holds a piece of Aura's heart...and clues to the secret of the Shift.



Jeri Smith Ready has created an incredible and unique world where ghosts are common occurrences for anyone born after the Shift, a mysterious worldwide event that enables people to see and communicate with ghosts. Jeri’s first foray into the young adult genre was very well done with twists and turns that would keep any reader interested. Aura is not just someone born after the Shift, she is more special than even she can comprehend and Zachary has secrets of his own. After Logan’s death, Aura and Zachary become closer and strong feelings develop between them, but Aura is not quite ready to say goodbye to Logan. Because of the Shift ghosts are now able to sue for wrongful death and Logan’s case is supposed to bring him peace, but something goes terribly wrong and Logan becomes lost in his anger and bitterness. Determined to save him, Aura believes that he can change back if she helps him. Zachary is a wonderful guy who is willing to give Aura the space she needs to help Logan and overcome her grief, I can’t wait to see what happens in the next book—there are so many mysteries to be unraveled and I’m anticipating the romantic development of Zachary and Aura’s relationship.






6 comments:

  1. I love books that take you into some sort of unique world! This definitely sounds like one of them! And a plus for ghosts! I have a fondness for ghosts in books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soooo...Team Zachary, right? Yeah, this sequel's going to be amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Argh, I have this book and I have yet to read it! Your review just made me want to jump up and go grab it though :). Thanks a ton!

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome review!

    I've loved every book by JSR I read so far, so Im pretty sure this one wont be dif LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read Shift yet, but I really want to. Zachary sounds like a wonderful romantic interest, and this book gives me a bit of a dark, mysterious vibe which I'm totally digging. I'm going to have to get a copy soon!

    Here on the CEP :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shade just got bumped to be read in the next list of books I have ready to go! Thanks for the link to the review Amy, it was the kick in the pants I needed to get my copy off my TBR and read it sooner!

    jackie >_<

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the CAPTCHA folks. I'm getting too much spam again!!

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every one that I receive and I appreciate your thoughts.