Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Low Red Moon by Ivy Devlin


Low Red Moon:
Avery Hood is reeling from the loss of her parents--and the fact that she can't remember what happened to them even though she was there.

She's struggling to adjust to life without them, and to living with her grandmother, when she meets Ben, who isn't like any guy she's ever met before.

It turns out there's a reason why, and Ben's secret may hold the key to Avery finding out what happened to her parents...

But what if that secret changes everything she knows about--and feels for--Ben?




As you all know by now I love werewolves, so when I heard of this book by Ivy Devlin I just had to read it. Ivy’s werewolf lore was interesting and the magic of the forest comes alive in Avery. Her werewolves are a lot more closer to humans than most are portrayed and I really liked that. It gave a more realistic feel to Avery and Ben’s relationship, there is the magic of their bond, but he ages the same as humans and they have an honest chance of staying together. Trust comes slowly to both Avery and Ben, but once the find it within each other, their relationship is taken to a much deeper level, giving them the strength they will need to overcome the danger that surrounds them. Ivy filled the book with mystery and twists and turns keeping you on the edge of your seat with page turning, heart racing intrigue. I wished for a little more about the power that connects Avery to the forest that she and her parents loved, the power she holds and what abilities she has are still a bit of a mystery at the end of the book. Ivy does get rather graphic when Avery relives the terrible night that her parents were murdered, the villain in this book is an excellent adversary and one that you would never suspect, Ivy kept me guessing until the end of the book where his identity was revealed.





1 comment:

  1. I wanted to see how their relationship developed more instead of BOOM.
    But, I enjoyed this one! Thanks for the review.
    Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the CAPTCHA folks. I'm getting too much spam again!!

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every one that I receive and I appreciate your thoughts.