Friday, December 14, 2012

The Timber Wolves Extra: Interview with Talley

First, some warm-up quickies:

1. Favorite color?
Grass green

2. Favorite snack food?
Funyuns (Do y’all have those up in Canada, or is it yet another way in which you’re deprived?)

What is a Funyun?  *Googles*   Never have seen those here in Canada, but they look goood!

3. Romance or comedy?
Romance, although romantic comedies are the best.

4. Books or movies?
I like movies, but I love books.

 5. Winter or summer?
Winter. I like big, comfy sweaters and hot chocolate.

And now onto the interesting questions *rubs hands together and smiles*:

1. Would you share with us how you and Scout first came to be friends?
I don’t remember. We were all toddlers when Mom started babysitting Scout and Jase, so they’ve been around as far back as I can remember, and we’ve always been close. We actually got in trouble in kindergarten because we wouldn’t play with the other kids. The teacher told our parents we were antisocial, but in reality we just didn’t see the need to talk to the other kids because we had each other. As we got older, Jase started seeing the appeal of having more friends, but Scout and I were always happy with just the two of us.

2. Tell us, in your own words, a little bit about Scout.
Most people think Scout is this always angry shrew person, but that’s just her public face. She tends to scowl a lot when she knows people are looking at her, which is totally understandable. People can be really mean to her sometimes. We’ve been out before and had random people come up and ask her what was wrong with her or if she was albino. Of course, these are people whose mama never taught them any manners, but that doesn’t make Scout feel any better about the general public. In private, she’s a completely different person. She actually knows how to smile and laugh, for instance. She’s really snarky and tends to think the worst of a person right off the bat, but once you gain her trust and affection, she’s fiercely loyal. She’s the strongest person I’ve ever known, and I don’t just mean physically, although she could probably wrestle a bear and win. She’s overly cautious with her heart, but when she loves you, it’s the all-encompassing kind of love that never dies.

3. What’s it like to be a Seer?
When everyone believed I was latent, I wanted nothing more in this world than to be a Seer. I didn’t know how hard it could be. My mother Sees colors and patterns. It helps her to construct beautiful costumes and put together jigsaw puzzles. There isn’t much pain and suffering in that kind of Sight, so I never considered there could be a downside. But I can See inside a person’s mind and get glimpses into the future. It’s difficult to know things you shouldn’t. Sometimes I worry that my thoughts aren’t really my own, that I’ve been in the heads of others too much to know how to think like myself any more. There are days when being a Seer is like fighting a battle with your own mind. But that’s not to say I would give it up. What I can do is important, and I love being an active part of the world of Shifters and Seers. I love that I’m an important part of the Alpha Pack, and I really love being a mate.

4. What was your gut reaction upon discovering Scout could shift?
“I’m not supposed to be able to See the future.” My second thought was that maybe I should have told someone this was a possibility. And somewhere mixed in with all the disbelief, I remember feeling happy that Scout was finally a member of our world.

5. And finally…When did you first realize that you had feelings for Jase? And how do you think being with Jase might affect your relationship with Scout?
It wasn’t like I woke up one morning and thought, “I’m in love with Jase.” It was a slow, gradual thing. I’m not sure when it started, maybe the first time we played together as kids, but by our last year of high school I was aware of it. I thought about him too often, and hurt too much when he started dating someone new. It was the moment when he claimed me as a mate to save me from having to return to my dad’s pack that I realized I wanted to really be with him in a romantic way. Before then, I thought it was mere admiration and longing for something I could never have, but at that moment I knew my heart would always belong to him, even if he didn’t want it.


Make sure you check in HERE every Friday until the end of the year for the next At First Sight short story!




1 comment:

Sorry about the CAPTCHA folks. I'm getting too much spam again!!

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every one that I receive and I appreciate your thoughts.