Saturday, December 29, 2012

Never To Sleep by Rachel Vincent

Never To Sleep:
Don't Close Your Eyes.

Sophie Cavanaugh is not going to let her freak of a cousin's strange psychiatric condition ruin high school for them both. Not after all the work she's put into cultivating the right look, and friends, and reputation. But then, Sophie sees something so frightening she lets out a blood-curdling scream--and finds herself stuck in a bizarre parallel world where nothing is safe and deadly creatures lurk just out of sight, waiting for her to close her eyes and sleep...forever.

Could this world be real? Or does insanity run in the family...?






Never To Sleep is a novella within the Soul Screamers series that comes between If I Die and Before I Wake.  It is the story of how Sophie and Luca meet for the first time, and Sophie's first foray into the Netherworld.  In the beginning I couldn’t stand Sophie and her overwhelming bouts of selfishness, but by the end of this novella I’m able to look at her differently.  Sophie still doesn’t understand Kaylee’s world, or Kaylee for that matter, but she is beginning to learn that there is more to the world than high school popularity contests.

Rachel Vincent has an incredible talent for grabbing your attention and pulling you right into her books, no matter what length they may be.  This might have been a short story, but it was action-packed, filled with danger and had the added bonus foreshadowing of a new romantic relationship.  I can’t wait to get my hands on the next installment of the Soul Screamers series.





1 comment:

  1. Never heard of this book before, liked the cover. Looks interesting:) Happy new year:)

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the CAPTCHA folks. I'm getting too much spam again!!

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every one that I receive and I appreciate your thoughts.