Wednesday, December 5, 2012

My Book Boyfriend (94)

My Book Boyfriend is a weekly meme hosted by Missie of The Unread Reader and co-hosted by Lesley of My Keeper Shelf, in which we swoon over boys in books!


Darrakayiis
(Darrak)
Book: The Demon in Me by Michelle Rowen
Series: Living in Eden

He’s an archdemon who’s been cursed to possess humans for the last 300 years, only he had no control or ways of communicating with the “hosts.” In human form he has a handsome face with a square jaw and perfect lips, dark hair, slightly messy and slightly too long and ice blue eyes that burn with amber flames when his emotions run high. In demon form amber flames coat his entire body, which grows to seven feet and broadens to twice his human size. His eyes are the only thing vaguely recognizable and not covered in fire.





Quotes:

There was a long silence. “You’re absolutely right. And I’m sorry. I had every intention of helping, but…”

“But what?”

“I don’t like golden boy.”

“His name is Ben.”

“Whatever. I don’t like him so I’m having a hard time helping because of that.”

“What don’t you like about him?”

“I don’t like the way he looks at you.”

She frowned. “The way he looks at me? How does he look at me?”

“Like he wants to have sex with you.”

Her mouth dropped open. “Please tell me you’re kidding.”

“You’re a demon, not a man. Men don’t turn into black smoke at sunset and have to possess people in order to survive. Men aren’t afraid of draining others of too much energy.”

“And a full demon wouldn’t care who he drained.”

“So if you’re not a full demon, then what are you?”

His face was blank of expression, but his brows had drawn together as if he was concentrating very hard. “I wish I knew. Three hundred years of living inside of humans…it’s changed me, Eden.”

“Forget about him.”

“He threatened you. Right in front of me.”

His body shook with anger and Eden grabbed his shoulders and then touched his face to force him to look at her. Finally he let go of Richard.

“Hey,” she said. “Come on. You’re starting to scare me.”

His chest heaved and he blinked those fiery eyes. “He was going to hurt you.”



1 comment:

  1. Ooohhhh a protective archdemon book boyfriend! I like!!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the CAPTCHA folks. I'm getting too much spam again!!

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every one that I receive and I appreciate your thoughts.