Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Month In Review: April



Books I read and their "Dragon Hearts of Love" rating:
(For reviews, please go to "Books Read in 2012")


1. Inhale by Kendall Grey 4
A strong beginning to a promising unique series. I'm looking forward to more of the characters and their continuing story.

2. Undying Love by Teresa Mummert 2
Unfortunately the characters and storyline fell short of what I was expecting. The writing was choppy and the grammar mistakes really took away from any enjoyment I might have found.

3. The Night She Disappeared by April Henry 4
A truly creepy thriller that had me engrossed from start to finish. Changing points-of-view really added to the story-telling, and was edge-of-your-seat suspenseful.

4. Comanche Moon by Catherine Anderson 5
From the moment Hunter of the Wolf was introduced I immediately fell in love. I loved the story, the romance and the danger.

5. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins 5

6. Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins5

7. Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins 5
Why did I wait so long to read this trilogy?! From start to finish, it was fast-paced and completely "un-put-downable." Incredible story-telling goes hand-in-hand with incredible characters, I couldn't put these books down.

8. Slave to Sensation by Nalini Singh 5
The first book of the Psy-changeling series. I love the characters and the world that Nalini built. This has it all: tension, romance, danger and science-fiction.

9. Fairy Blues by J.L. Bryan 4
A powerful second in this series, each turn of the page introduces you to an intriguing new plot twist and keeps you turning pages to find out more.


Guests:



1 comment:

  1. I just finished The Hunger Games and saw the film last night, oh my gosh it was awesome! Now they left out some of the emotions from the book, but if you read it you will still feel them. I cried when Rue died in the film.
    Happy May reading!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the CAPTCHA folks. I'm getting too much spam again!!

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every one that I receive and I appreciate your thoughts.