Sunday, May 20, 2012

Crimson Groves by Ashley Robertson

Crimson Groves
Abigail Tate was a normal human girl. Until the day Bronx the vampire barges into her life and turns her against her will. Held captive while forced to deal with never ending cravings for blood, Abby prays for a way to escape. Only when an opportunity arises, it's with the aid of an innocent human named Tyler--except vampires are forbidden to interact with the unbitten. But Abby quickly learns this human has secrets of his own...secrets that can either help her or get her killed. Only Abby discovers that she was the one with the biggest secret of them all.





Ashley Robertson created an interesting spin on vampire lore, and a cast of characters that shows real promise. This was a quick story with a little danger mixed in with a lot of tension. I'm still not sure how I feel about the main character, Abby, she took to the whole "I'm now a vampire" mind set a little too easily, and I found that most of the problems were resolved either too quickly or with little dramatic influence. In the beginning, there were times that I found my attention wandering and it was difficult to get back into the flow of the story. But towards the middle of the book, the action picked up and I wanted to know what was going to happen next. I would like to know a little more about some of the side characters that really sparked my interest, and will more than likely be interested in continuing Abby's story in the future.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the CAPTCHA folks. I'm getting too much spam again!!

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every one that I receive and I appreciate your thoughts.