Thursday, December 15, 2011

Theme Thursday (42)

Theme Thursdays

Theme Thursdays is a fun weekly event hosted by Reading Between Pages that will be open from one Thursday to the next. Anyone can participate in it. The rules are simple:
  • A theme will be posted each week (on Thursdays)
  • Select a conversation/snippet/sentence from the current book you are reading
  • Mention the author and the title of the book along with your post
  • It is important that the theme is conveyed in the sentence (you don’t necessarily need to have the word)
    Ex: If the theme is KISS; your sentence can have “They kissed so gently” or “Their lips touched each other” or “The smooch was so passionate”

This will give us a wonderful opportunity to explore and understand different writing styles and descriptive approaches adopted by authors.


This week's theme is - FOOD

Barbara glared at her son. "Can't you just peel the tomato, sweetie, without taking out most of it except the core?"


True Blue by Diana Palmer



2 comments:

  1. I don't usually peel my tomatoes. Wonder what they're making?

    Here's my Theme: http://myreadersblock.blogspot.com/2011/12/theme-thursday-food.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peeling tomatoes is hard work. I rarely do it.

    And yes, we did do animals. But I think we will be repeating a lot of themes in the coming year :)

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the CAPTCHA folks. I'm getting too much spam again!!

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every one that I receive and I appreciate your thoughts.