Tuesday, December 6, 2011

My Life Undecided by Jessica Brody


My Life Undecided:
PLEASE READ THIS! MY LIFE DEPENDS ON IT!

Okay, maybe that was a bit melodramatic, but I’m sorry, I’m feeling a bit melodramatic at the moment.

Here’s the deal. My name is Brooklyn Pierce, I’m fifteen years old, and I am decisionally challenged. Seriously, I can’t remember the last good decision I made. I can remember plenty of crappy ones though. Including that party I threw when my parents were out of town that accidentally burned down a model home. Yeah, not my finest moment, for sure.

But see, that’s why I started a blog. To enlist readers to make my decisions for me. That’s right. I gave up. Threw in the towel. I let someone else be the one to decide which book I read for English. Or whether or not I accepted an invitation to join the debate team from that cute-in-a-dorky-sort-of-way guy who gave me the Heimlich Maneuver in the cafeteria. (Note to self: Chew the melon before swallowing it.) I even let them decide who I dated!

Well, it turns out there are some things in life you simply can’t choose or have chosen for you—like who you fall in love with. And now everything’s more screwed up than ever.

But don’t take my word for it, read the book and decide for yourself. You’ll laugh, you’ll cry, you’ll scream in frustration. Or maybe that’s just me. After all, it’s my life.



This was a cute and funny book by Jessica Brody. The story was quick and fast paced read, the characters were well rounded and interesting, keeping my full attention throughout the book. Jessica's character takes blogging to a whole new level as Brooklyn depends on others to decide her life for her. Although I don't quite agree with the method Brooklyn chose, it was nice to see a character take immediate responsibility for her actions, and choose to change the course of her life by making better decisions. There were a few times that I felt Brooklyn could be a little whiny, but then I have to remember that she's only a teenager, and can't be expected to be mature about the consequences of her decisions all the time. This book reads like a comedy, but it has some serious undertones; responsibility, grief, friendship and individuality. Brooklyn grows from being the-most-popular-girl-in-school's mindless lackey into a person of her own convictions. Each character was a unique individual, and their personalities truly separated them from one another. The romance was sweet and heart-warming; a perfect book to snuggle under the blankets and escape reality with...even if only for a little while.





1 comment:

  1. I want to read this as well. It sounds cute.
    So many nice books out there, so little time *sigh*

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the CAPTCHA folks. I'm getting too much spam again!!

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every one that I receive and I appreciate your thoughts.