Wednesday, December 22, 2010

White Flame Tour with Jordan Deen




Welcome back Jordan! I’m so happy to have you visit my blog again and to be a member of the White Flame Tour! For full rules, the Tour list and how to earn extra entries, go to Jordan’s blog for more information.



1. When did you first start writing, and was there something in particular that inspired you?

Hi Amy, thank you so much for hosting the White Flame Tour! As for inspiration, I find inspiration in everything. Lately, my inspiration usually comes from interactions I have with other people. Characters are everywhere, just have to pay attention. :)


2. What first attracted you to the paranormal realm when it comes to writing?

I love everything paranormal and as they say, you write what you love. I wanted to share characters that people could connect with, not only for the situations they are in, but for the people that they are as well. I think the paranormal element just adds that extra layer of mystery and intrigue.


3. In regards to your own characters, who is your favorite and why?

My favorite character, by far, is Brea. She’s the new BFF in ‘Half Moon’ and she kicks serious werewolf butt. I hope she is the one character that everyone loves from this book. She’s one to watch in ‘Full Moon’. No spoilers from me, but watch her!


4. What other genres (besides your own) do you enjoy reading?
I love reading all young adult novels. Edgy, Contemporary, fantasy- you name it. I read everything!


5. If you could not be a writer, what would you be?

I’d be She-Ra, Princess of Power. :) Like most writery folks, I do have a ‘day’ job, so- boring as it may be- I’d just keep being that full time.


6. As a reader I know how difficult it can be to name a ‘favorite’ book, would you mind listing your top three? (Past or present authors)

This is a NO brainer for me. My first is Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles, 13 to Life by Shannon Delany and Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick. I admire each author and I’m amazed by each of their stories.


7. What are some must haves when you sit down to write?

Ooooh ‘Must Haves’! Chocolate, music, and a good book. Yes, it sounds strange. But, I have to have a good book to distract me from my own characters when they are aggravating me.


8. If you became trapped as a character in a book or series, which would you choose and why?
Wow. This is a horrible question! OMG. Seriously!?! Okay, if I had to be trapped in a book, I’d have to be stuck in a series like Vampire Diaries or Evernight Academy. I want to have lots and lots of characters and story lines to live in. :)


And now on to my review!



Half Moon:
Faced with death, Lacey Quinn ran away from the only family she’d ever known.

That... was just the beginning.

As the decision she’s made sinks in, Lacey struggles to fit in with the pack and find the key to bonding with her werewolf soul mate, Brandon. But, lies can only be concealed for so long.

Adjusting to a powerful new best friend, a twelve-year-old roommate with a nauseating Barbie fetish, and a lost love that won’t stop haunting her dreams, she knows she has no hope of having a normal future—ever again.

After a long talk with the dead mother she never knew, and an almost deal-breaking night out with Brandon, Lacey starts spiraling into the underworld—a place where all things are possible and everyone is out to kill her.

With mysterious legends of witches and sorcery marring her past and clouding her future, she quickly learns—werewolves aren’t the only ones lurking in the woods...waiting to claim her powers for their own.

The Mares? Well, they are the least of her worries.


Jordan Deen’s new addition to her werewolf trilogy is filled with action, mystery and magic. I admit in the beginning there were a few dull moments while I waited for things to get moving, but once they did it was fast paced and kept me turning pages. The story begins with Lacey in a very emotionally dark place, taken away from the only home she has ever known and thrust into a world she knows nothing about. There is so much secrecy surrounding Lacey and her family’s’ past, and as secrets were revealed I was even more intrigued by Jordan’s characters. The packs’ efforts to have her bond with Brandon seem to hinder them rather than help; by separating Lacey and Brandon they felt this would benefit them both. But on the rare occasions they were able to steal some time alone, the bond would spark again only to be ripped away by Brandon’s constant absence. There is something hidden in the background that is keeping Lacey’s heart and mind confused about her past feelings for Alex and her need and love for Brandon. Alex found a way to talk to Lacey in her dreams, causing an even larger rift between her and Brandon, and although those moments were sweet, I wanted Alex to just leave Lacey alone. My heart broke every time some of the older members of Brandon’s pack were cruel to Lacey. While there were some who only wanted to help, like Brea her childhood friend from before she was kidnapped, but there were others who couldn’t see past the fact that she was raised as a human with no knowledge of their werewolf history. Lacey has an inner strength that truly comes into play as she fights to stay with Brandon—to learn the truth about her real parents and what it truly means to be a member of the Amana pack.



6 comments:

  1. Great interview and review. Thanks for sharing! Looking forward to reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so need to get Crescent and this one to read, thanks for a "sneak peek" Amy into the next book as have not read the first one yet!

    jackie >_<

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful interview. Loved your review also - it reminded my a bit of why I liked The Crescent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great interview! Love the 'if you were trapped in a book series' question, that made me laugh. Also, I loved Perfect Chemisty and 13 To Life as well!! Fab books!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great interview! Love Jordan! "...when my characters annoy me... haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome interview and review cant wait to read this book
    also i loved perfect chemistry its on my favorites list

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the CAPTCHA folks. I'm getting too much spam again!!

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every one that I receive and I appreciate your thoughts.