Thursday, April 5, 2012

Guest Post: Damaris of Good Choice Reading

Put down your bags, pull up a chair and tell me a story!



What I love to read most.

So lately I've been getting lots of comments from close friends from high school and my old neighborhood about how they've never known me to be such a huge reader. If you asked me to read a book in my teens I probably would have laughed in your face. To me, sitting down and reading a book as a teenager was a waste of my precious "fun" time. Looking back now though, I really wish i read a lot more. It wasn't until about 19 or 20 where I really got the passion for reading. I started with Nicholas Sparks and for a while that genre, Literature Fiction, was the only genre I would read. Reading Paranormal, or Science Fiction was just weird to me. I always felt those kind of stories were better to watch on television than reading it in a book.

I began reading Paranormal romance, or just paranormal books period when Twilight hit big. Right before the movie came out. My best friend asked me, no, more like begged me, to read it. She went on and on how good it is and that I would really enjoy it. Well sure enough I did. Around the time I picked up Twilight, all books in the series were already released. So I manged to read them back to back. It also help me deal with my mothers death. She died the week I picked up Twilight. So reading them back to back and getting so involved in the story was my way to deal with the fact that I just lost my mother. From there I began reading Paranormal books like a mad woman. I even started branching out to Paranormal Romance. I started with Lara Adrian's Midnight Breed series. I was immediately hooked.

Now the books I love to read the most are ANY GENRE as long as it has some kind of romance/love element to it. It doesn't have to be the main focus, but I need some kind of love story. I also enjoy them more when they are action packed and not depressing. Don't get me wrong, I love Nicholas Sparks, but I need to be in the mood for a book that makes me cry now. Before, I searched high and low for a story to make me cry, and now, not so much.

Blogging has definitely helped me discover all types of genres and now I look back and wish I wasn't so stubborn and branched out then. I love all types of genres!


Find Damaris:

Good Choice Reading | Twitter



Thank you for stopping by today, Damaris! I enjoyed getting to know you a little better and I hope everyone else does too!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the CAPTCHA folks. I'm getting too much spam again!!

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every one that I receive and I appreciate your thoughts.