Friday, April 27, 2012

Fairy Blues by J.L. Bryan

Fairy Blues:
With their enchanted instruments charming the crowds, the Assorted Zebras attract interest from record producers, and soon they’re off to cut their first album and music video. Jason and his friends don’t know they’ve just become pawns in a sinister plot by a cabal of evil fairies...

Meanwhile, Aoide and her band pursue a new strategy for regaining their stolen instruments, one that will take them into the most haunted region in Faerie.






J.L. Bryan has completely entranced me with this series, I know this is only the second book, but so much has happened to Jason and his friends since the discovery of their enchanted instruments. Now, in Fairy Blues, the second in the Songs of Magic series, Bryan has created an even more unique vision of Faerie. Bouncing back-and-forth between the point-of-views of the Assorted Zebras and the Fairy troupe that lost their instruments, this book has interesting twists and turns on every page. It was fast paced, a fun read and bursting at the seams with magic. I'm loving the characters, and I'm dying to know more about Erin's heritage, which has been kept hidden from her all her life, and only hinted at so far. More interesting characters and creatures are revealed as Jason and his friends travel the road to stardom. But not all of them should be considered friendly, and the Assorted Zebras may have gotten in over their heads after they sign a music contract, unaware that their new benefactor is a Leprechaun.





1 comment:

  1. Great review!!! I loved the second book. Yeah, I totally want to know what is up with Erin. After reading this I had a weird dream about talking pumpkins. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the CAPTCHA folks. I'm getting too much spam again!!

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every one that I receive and I appreciate your thoughts.