Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Comanche Moon by Catherine Anderson


Comanche Moon:
I WILL COME TO YOU LIKE THE WIND ... I AM YOUR DESTINY.

Orphaned seven years ago after witnessing the brutal murder of her parents at the hands of the Comanche people, golden-haired Loretta Simpson still lives in terror that the warriors will return. Her fear is so powerful, she can no longer speak a word.

Called the U.S. Army's most cunning adversary, Hunter of the Wolf believes that Loretta is the "honey-haired woman with no voice" of ancient prophecy --- the woman he must honor for all eternity. But Loretta can see Hunter only as the enemy who has stolen her, and she refuses to succumb to his control ... or his touch.

Despite the hatred intensifying between their peoples, Loretta and Hunter gradually find their prejudices giving to respect, then flaring into feelings too dangerous to express. In the midst of such conflict, it will take all the force of their extraordinary love to find a safe place ...




I originally read the second book of this series, Comanche Heart, first, and I was so intrigued by the characters that I just had to go back and start at the beginning. I love, love, loved this book from beginning to end. Admittedly it started out a little slow, but by the third or fourth chapter it really picked up. Catherine Anderson has an amazing gift, she pulls on every emotion you have and tugs on your heartstrings. Catherine's characters are always incredible, but I found that Hunter and Loretta surpassed anything I could have imagined. Hunter is a true alpha male who lives for his People, and is haunted by a prophecy of a silent tosi (white) woman that will change his life forever. Loretta believes herself a coward, yet she fights Hunter with everything she possesses when Hunter takes her captive. Thrown together, their two worlds as different from night and day, Loretta and Hunter somehow manage to fall in love, and the journey throughout Comanche Moon is worth every turn of the page.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the CAPTCHA folks. I'm getting too much spam again!!

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every one that I receive and I appreciate your thoughts.