Monday, December 31, 2012

Fables: Werewolves of the Heartland by Bill Willingham

Fables: Werewolves of the Heartland:
Bigby Wolf embarks on a quest through the American Heartland to find a new location for Fabletown, a secret society of exiled fairy tale characters living among the "mundys." In his wanderings, Bigby stumbles across Story City, a small town that seems to be occupied solely by werewolves. Oddly enough, they seem to already know and revere Bigby, but at the same time they've captured and caged him.

FABLES: WEREWOLVES OF THE HEARTLAND tells an epic tale that began well before Bigby Wolf set foot in the bucolic plains of the Midwest. It began long ago when he served in World War II and became mired in a Nazi experiment that would change nations. It's soon evident that murder in Story City is the least of their sins, and unraveling the town's many mysteries may cost Bigby, the seventh son of the North Wind, much more than his own life.



I think I have decided that graphic novels are just not for me. The artwork was amazing but I just want more from a story when I read it, the story is too short and stilted for my taste. It’s said that this was a good starting point to jump into the Fables series by Bill Willingham, but I had way too many questions about what led Bigby to search for a new sanctuary for paranormal beings for me to really enjoy it. This graphic novel didn’t grab my attention enough for me to want to continue on with the series, but if you are a fan of the paranormal and graphic novels, then this series might be just right for you.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the CAPTCHA folks. I'm getting too much spam again!!

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every one that I receive and I appreciate your thoughts.