Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Month In Review: October




I just had to share our Halloween pictures, so enjoy!


Books I read and their "Dragon Hearts of Love" rating:
(For reviews, please go to "Books Read in 2011")

1. Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick 4
Patch became more of a likeable character to me, I'm probably among the few that didn't really like him in the first book. I really love the mystery and the little bits and pieces Becca is revealing of the history behind the characters.

2. Texas Gothic by Rosemary Clement-Moore 4
I loved the characters in this book, the magic seemed so natural and unforced, and the mystery kept my attention throughout the story.

3. All These Things I've Done by Gabrielle Zevin 5
This is the first dystopian I have read that didn't force never ending pages of world building down my throat. I loved the story. 'Nuff said.

4. Taken by Midnight by Lara Adrian 4
Again, as I have been saying all along, I love the story arc and how each book reveals just a little bit more.

5. A Man For All Seasons by Diana Palmer 2
The hero was just plain and simple too stupid for words. Definitely not a book by Diana that I would recommend to her fans.

6. Silence by Becca Fitzpatrick 5
What can I say. I am COMPLETELY in love with Patch.

7. Deeper Than Midnight by Lara Adrian 4
I loved seeing the softer side of Hunter, I can't wait to see what happens in the series next.

8. Defiance by Lili St. Crow 5
Graves...I need more Graves! I love this world, I love the characters and I'm going to be so sad to see the series end in the next book.

9. Keys to the Repository by Melissa de la Cruz 4
A great refresher for the Blue Bloods fans.

10. Misguided Angel by Melissa de la Cruz 3
I'm liking the mixture of history and modern day worlds and Melissa's unique blending of fallen angels and vampires.

11. Genesis by Kristie Cook 4
I honestly felt more for these characters than I did for the ones in the original two books. There is so much information in this book, but the story is fast paced and never boring.

12. Marked by Elisabeth Naughton 4
An interesting and unique world, the Argonauts are more than a myth, I enjoyed the characters and I'm looking forward to more books in this series.

13. Spiritus by Dana Michelle Burnett 3
A short, semi-creepy story about lost love that is found again and new beginnings.


There were a lot of guests to visit this month because I was a member of The Crossroads Tour featuring 15 Young Adult authors, and Kristie Cook's Genesis Release Tour.



Author Visits:






1 comment:

Sorry about the CAPTCHA folks. I'm getting too much spam again!!

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every one that I receive and I appreciate your thoughts.