Sunday, November 6, 2011

Reckoning by Lili St. Crow


Reckoning:
Nobody expected Dru Anderson to survive this long. Not Graves. Not Christophe. Not even Dru. She’s battled killer zombies, jealous djamphirs, and bloodthirsty suckers straight out of her worst nightmares. But now that Dru has bloomed into a fullfledged svetocha—rare, beautiful, and toxic to all vampires—the worst is yet to come. Because getting out alive is going to cost more than she’s ever imagined. And in the end, is survival really worth the sacrifice?

Dru Anderson’s not afraid of the dark.
But she should be.







This was a heart-pounding, incredible finale to the Strange Angels series by Lili St. Crow. It was full of action and non-stop danger. Lili really knows how to make her characters struggle for survival, and I became so immersed with the story that this is a book I would definitely have categorize as "un-put-down-able." There was so much going on throughout this book--escaping the Order, fighting off vampires, reconciling tender hearts and sometimes trusting the wrong person--but I felt it flowed smoothly and quickly. I also found that Dru's internal dialogue, and her memories of her loved ones, gave us more insight to who she truly is, and who she is going to be in the future. Despite there being no definite ending (I know in my heart what happened next), I loved the way Lili completed this series. She kept her readers guessing until the very end, and even then, we get to make our own decisions about what the future may hold for Dru. I would love, love, love to see some sort of spin-off series featuring some of the other characters from these books!






2 comments:

  1. I should be getting this book in the mail soon. Can't wait! Great review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. JUST finished this one this morning -- LOVED! I'm sad to see Dru go but it was an incredibly satisfying ending. Love Lilith/Lili!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the CAPTCHA folks. I'm getting too much spam again!!

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every one that I receive and I appreciate your thoughts.