Saturday, November 26, 2011

On My Wishlist (79)


On My Wishlist is a fun weekly event hosted by Book Chick City and runs every Saturday. It's where we list all the books we desperately want but haven't actually bought yet. They can be old, new or forthcoming. It's also an event that you can join in with too - a linky is always at the ready for you to link your own 'On My Wishlist' post. If you want to know more click here.




Dragonflight by Anne McCaffrey:
HOW CAN ONE GIRL SAVE AN ENTIRE WORLD?

To the nobles who live in Benden Weyr, Lessa is nothing but a ragged kitchen girl. For most of her life she has survived by serving those who betrayed her father and took over his lands. Now the time has come for Lessa to shed her disguise—and take back her stolen birthright.

But everything changes when she meets a queen dragon. The bond they share will be deep and last forever. It will protect them when, for the first time in centuries, Lessa’s world is threatened by Thread, an evil substance that falls like rain and destroys everything it touches. Dragons and their Riders once protected the planet from Thread, but there are very few of them left these days. Now brave Lessa must risk her life, and the life of her beloved dragon, to save her beautiful world. . . .



Unleashed by Nancy Holder & Debbie Viguie:
Katelyn McBride’s life changed in an instant when her mother died. Uprooted from her California home, Katelyn was shipped to the middle of nowhere, Arkansas, to her only living relative, her grandfather. And now she has to start over in Wolf Springs, a tiny village in the Ozark Mountains. Like any small town, Wolf Springs has secrets. But the secrets hidden here are more sinister than Katelyn could ever imagine. It’s a town with a history that reaches back centuries, spans continents, and conceals terrifying truths. And Katelyn McBride is about to change everything.

Broken families, ageless grudges, forced alliances, and love that blooms in the darkest night—welcome to Wolf Springs.





The Goblin King by Shona Husk:
Cursed by a Druid millennia ago, Roan lives a bleak existence in the Shadowlands, desperately trying to retain his soul and not succumb to the goblin horde. When a beautiful human summons him to grant a wish, he sees a glimmer of hope. But will she ever agree to be his queen?











5 comments:

  1. Ah, on my wish list would definitely be to see some of these great young adult books reviewed on The Book Report, a weekly radio show I simply do not miss. It would be great to see a whole show dedicated to the fantasy genre too. Anyone else wanting to see this happen recommend it to them on http://www.facebook.com/Book.Report

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unleashed looks good. I'm sad to hear about Anne McCaffrey though, even if I've never read any of her books. Hope you get to read them all soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, Unleashed looks really good! Hope you get to read these books soon! I hope you'll drop by and see what's on my wishlist this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dragonflight was one of the books that got me sucked into scifi way back when. I skipped last week because I didn't have any new wish list books, nor had I finished reading any wish list books. Please come see what I'm wishing for this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh...me like the cover of The Goblin King. The other books sound awesome as well.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the CAPTCHA folks. I'm getting too much spam again!!

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every one that I receive and I appreciate your thoughts.