Thursday, April 24, 2014

Thursday Thirteen (39)


Thursday Thirteen is a weekly meme with a simple theme: each Thursday you blog a list of 13 things. What kind of things? Any kind! Just come up with a list theme and run with it.
*All of my lists are in no particular order.*
 

Opening Lines

1. When I was eight, my mother lost me to zombies in a one-card draw. – The Iron Hunt by Marjorie M. Liu

2. I tossed my backpack in a corner of the studio and high-fived Rodney on his way out. – Kitty and the Midnight Hour by Carrie Vaughn

3. The moment the door opened I knew an ass-kicking was inevitable. Stray by Rachel Vincent

4. Honor Donovan took one look and knew the man was trouble. – Amber Beach by Elizabeth Lowell

5. Every night death came, slowly, painfully, and every morning Maddox awoke in bed, knowing he’d have to die again later. – The Darkest Night by Gena Showalter

6. My philosophy is pretty simple—any day nobody’s trying to kill me is a good day in my book. – Darkfever by Karen Marie Moning

7. Life as I knew it ended at half past eleven on a Tuesday morning. – Nightshade by Michelle Rowen

8. I stiffened at the red and blue lights flashing behind me, because there was no way I could explain what was in the back of my truck. - Halfway to the Grave by Jeaniene Frost

9. “Myron, are you listening to me?” Carl Herbold glowered at his fellow convict, impatiently shook his head, and muttered, “Stupid, stupid.” – Unspeakable by Sandra Brown

10. Some things I remembered. – Destiny Kills by Keri Arthur

11. How ridiculously simple it would be to cause them harm.Jacob by Jacquelyn Frank

12. “Got another letter from that Cyprien guy,” Grace Cho said as she placed the office mail on Dr. Alexandra Keller’s desk. – If Angels Burn by Lynn Viehl

13. No one knew better than Walter Rice that the only safe place was away from other people – Cry Wolf by Patricia Briggs


1 comment:

Sorry about the CAPTCHA folks. I'm getting too much spam again!!

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every one that I receive and I appreciate your thoughts.