Monday, November 29, 2010

Almost To Die For by Tate Hallaway


Almost to Die For:
On her sixteenth birthday, Anastasija Parker learns that her so-called deadbeat dad is actually a vampire king. And he wants Ana to assume her rightful position at his side, in spite of the fact that she has witch's blood running through her veins-from her mother's side.
Too bad witches and vampires are mortal enemies. And now Ana's parents are at each other's throats over her future. It's up to Ana to make a choice, but deciding your eternal destiny is a pretty big deal for a girl who just wants to get through high school.






Tate Hallaway created an incredibly intricate world where vampires and witches exist together, but are mortal enemies. I finished this book in one sitting because I couldn’t put it down, a modern twist on Romeo and Juliet; I had to keep turning pages to find out what happened next. For centuries the True Witches have oppressed the vampires, until a treaty was made and a child born of that union, Anastasija. But her mother hid her true heritage from her and as this fast paced story unfolds Ana finds that she will have to make a choice between her father’s world and that of her own. Finding out that Ana is half-vampire is a shock to her peers in the coven, but it is not enough to deter Nikolai, the son of a vampire hunter and set to follow in his father’s footsteps. But her feelings for Nikolai are muddled with her feelings for Elias, Captain of her father’s guards. In her mother’s attempts to keep her from the vampires, a fight between the True Witches and vampires breaks out and Ana unlocks a power within herself that no one imagined possible. And by using blood magic she has formed a deeper connection to Elias, I can’t wait to see what’s in store for their relationship in the next book: Almost Final Curtain.






2 comments:

  1. I have nominated you for an award! Come take a look! http://uniquelymoibooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you liked my book! I posted a link to your review on my blog.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the CAPTCHA folks. I'm getting too much spam again!!

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every one that I receive and I appreciate your thoughts.