1. What inspired you to write Laurel 's character?
I wanted to write for the girl I was at her age. Someone who was intelligent and intensely curious, but longing for something more from her life.
2. What was the first book you read that made you fall in love with reading (past or present writer)?
I was a huge fan of Madeleine L’Engle’s A Wrinkle in Time.
3. What paranormal author are you currently addicted to?
Just read Kiersten White’s Paranormalcy and can’t wait to see what happens next. Love the shapeshifter!!
4. What band or artist currently tops your play list?
I love Matt Nathanson’s “Come On Get Higher” and any Dave Matthews Band
5. Do you have any projects you are currently working on that you are able to share?
I just finished a contemporary novel called, String Theories. It’s about a girl who gets in over her head, the physics of relationships, a stream, and getting even.
And can you give us a little teaser? This is a paragraph from the opening scene at Annie’s neighborhood pool.
“Older girls sauntered by us in twos and trios, comfortable in their skin, laughing and flirting with the life guards, making plans that were way more exciting than anything in my future. It felt like there were all these emotions and colors swirling around me, but I was living in black and white.”
HOW THE TOUR WORKS:
Each day of The Crossroads Tour, a new research question will be revealed on The Crossroad Blog Tour main page, and each day the answer to that question will be found within one of the 16 different blog posts by Crossroads Tour authors. Your job is to get the question, read the blog posts, and collect all 16 answers by the end of the tour, on Halloween.