Friday, May 31, 2013

The Unseen (Volume 2) by Richie Tankersley Cusick

The Unseen (Volume 2):
Too many deaths, too many terrifying visions and sleepless nights have taken their toll on Lucy Dennison. She wonders if she can trust anyone or anything anymore - even her own mind. Lucy knows there must be something, somewhere that can tell her why she was chosen to receive the terrible visions, why she feels the sinister presence all around her. As Lucy searches desperately for answers, she knows time is running out. Too many people have disappeared - or worse - and the constant feeling of being surrounded by something truly evil grows stronger each night. Can Lucy defeat the evil in time?








The Unseen Volume 2 by Richie Tankersley Cusick was a bit of a let down for me. Throughout the book the tension and suspense were constantly building, but then it just kind of fizzled out. The ending was abrupt and left me with more questions then answers; and characters that I felt deserved more page time barely got any. Lucy seemed to change from an independent and strong character into one that seemed to make silly and sometime dangerous decisions, also depending on those around her to solve her problems. I continued to feel lost and in the dark about the origins of the paranormal beings that were stalking Lucy. I really only know that they are some sort of shape-shifters. And we also never found out just what was so special about Lucy that garnered her so much attention. Richie hid most of the truth behind each characters' facade until the very end of the series, which definitely kept me interested, but there were times that I could almost guess what their motives were. The only character that remained truly constant for me was the villain, and the twisted games he played were what kept this story moving. For the most part this was a really interesting series from an author I truly enjoy, I just wish she had given us a little bit more.




1 comment:

  1. That cover bears an uncanny resemblance to Karen Gillian's "floating outside of the Tardis" image. Kinda freaky. :) http://www.doctorwhoreviews.co.uk/2010-02_files/The%20Beast%20Below%20(14).jpg

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the CAPTCHA folks. I'm getting too much spam again!!

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every one that I receive and I appreciate your thoughts.