Wednesday, January 30, 2013

My Book Boyfriend (100)


My Book Boyfriend is a weekly meme that originated at The Unread Reader in which we swoon over boys in books!

**Unfortunately this is going to be my last Book Boyfriend post.  The lovely ladies that originally hosted this meme have decided to shut it down.  I continued so I was able round out my posts at 100.**


Lucifer (Luc) Cain
Book: Personal Demons by Lisa Desrochers
Series: Personal Demons

He is a demon of pride; three steel bars pierce the outside corner of his right eyebrow. Silky black hair and the blackest eyes ever seen, his voice sounds like warm honey, smooth and sticky-sweet. He smells like cinnamon and his body is tall and lean. He prides himself on being good at his job: tagging souls for Hell, but that all changes with his newest assignment and he finds himself feeling things no demon should ever feel.








Quotes:

I glower at him. “Your name is Lucifer? As in the devil?”

And there’s that wicked grin again. “In the flesh. It’s a common name where I come from.”

I pull myself out of my seat. “Where is that?”

His eyes flash, hungry and eager. “Nowhere you’ve ever been.”

I shift up onto my elbow and kiss her. “You’re the only one who’s ever known who I am, who I’m not, and who I want to be. And somehow you love me anyway. I’m not taking any chances with you, Frannie.”

I nod reassuringly at her and smile. She’s so afraid she manipulated me into loving her. It hurts that she can’t see how much more it is now. How big it is. It may have been her Sway that started the ball rolling, but the way she makes me feel…that’s not her Sway. It’s just her.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the CAPTCHA folks. I'm getting too much spam again!!

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every one that I receive and I appreciate your thoughts.