Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Haunted by Dana Michelle Burnett

Haunted:
Becca has accepted the horrors of her past life, and emerged with her ghostly love Alastor at her side. But her happiness is short lived when she realizes that balancing her past and present won't be easy...

Becca has already decided that it's Alastor that she loves, but now, as their uncommon relationship limits Becca's future, Alastor must decide if he's willing to make the ultimate sacrifice for Becca's happiness....And will Becca's sanity survive?











Haunted by Dana Michelle Burnett is the second book in the Spiritus trilogy, and was emotionally gripping. I wanted to dislike the main character: Becca, because of her constant need for the love of a ghost, but I found that I just couldn’t. She was one of those characters that gets under your skin and just won’t let go. There were times that I truly hated Alastor for hanging around Becca: for being the reason she was unable to move on with her life. But then he would do something romantic and I found my anger dissipating. Her story was so consuming that I finished the book in one sitting. I was completely blown away by the beginning and captivated by the ending, I am looking forward to finishing this series with: Incarnate.

This book left shivers in my spine and chills over my skin. Told in separate stories through Becca and her therapist romantic depictions of Becca’s doomed relationships—both in her past and her present—and the doctor’s clinical chronicling of her treatment. Becca’s love for Alastor has completely taken over her life, but Alastor wanted her to have more; he wanted her to fall in love with a living man and have a fulfilling life. So, he pushed her towards her high school crush, Jonah. But she still couldn’t tear herself fully away from Alastor, causing a rift in her relationship with Jonah, and its tragic end led her to a mental institution. Alastor still haunts Becca while she receives treatment for her illness and the doctor is determined that she is completely delusional, but by listening to her story, the doctor is turned into a believer.





1 comment:

  1. wow. that sounds so intense. i wanna read!!

    anne

    mysandycat@aol.com

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the CAPTCHA folks. I'm getting too much spam again!!

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every one that I receive and I appreciate your thoughts.