Sunday, January 22, 2012

Switched by Amanda Hocking


Switched:
When Wendy Everly was six years old, her mother was convinced she was a monster and tried to kill her. Eleven years later, Wendy discovers her mother might have been right. She's not the person she's always believed herself to be, and her whole life begins to unravel--all because of Finn Holmes.

Fin is a mysterious guy who always seems to be watching her. Every encounter leaves her deeply shaken...though it has more to do with her fierce attraction to him than she'd ever admit. But it isn't long before he reveals the truth: Wendy is a changeling who was switched at birth--and he's come to take her home.

Now Wendy's about to journey to a magical world she never knew existed, one that's both beautiful and frightening. And where she must leave her old life behind to discover who she's meant to be...



Wow...just WOW! Amanda Hocking completely blew me away with her ingenious twist on the story of changelings. The characters were extremely likeable and I believe that is what I enjoyed most about this book. The plot does seem to follow alongside some other popular young adult titles; a girl falling for the mysterious guy, secrets abound and then there is another guy on the sidelines showing affection for the girl as well. But, you know what?...I really didn't care. And despite a few issues that I disliked within the story, I was hooked from beginning to end. Amanda's characters were unique and they kept me turning pages. The story is quick to get started and moves along nicely at a quick pace, I was always looking forward to what was going to happen next. Wendy came across as a pretty strong character, despite the complete upheaval of her life. There is more mystery surrounding her than we are first led to believe, and I can't wait to read the rest of this series.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the CAPTCHA folks. I'm getting too much spam again!!

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every one that I receive and I appreciate your thoughts.