Saturday, January 28, 2012

Somnium by Keri Lake


HALOS
Somnium:

A work assignment in Kittery, Maine should be routine for Allie Lynch; nothing more than to prove herself as a brilliant engineer. Instead she finds herself torn between two men: a gorgeous military guard, Colton Briggs, and her devilishly handsome colleague, Drew Costa. To resist temptation, Allie does the only thing she can: she throws herself into her work.

But fate has other plans for Allie. Women are going missing all around her, Allie is struck with a series of life-threatening mishaps, and she becomes the obsession of a local deranged psychopath.

Thrust into a dark world that she can hardly fathom, Allie must fight for her very survival, open her mind to new realities – and open her heart to the possibility of love. Because both of these men are trouble – but one is a greater danger than she could ever imagine …



Keri Lake wrote an intriguing story that kept my interest, but unfortunately it was a very slow paced book. The main character, Allie, fell really flat for me and I felt she was really superficial. Almost every time she meets a male character she judges him by his looks rather than his personality. And without more than a few smouldering looks on her part, directed at Colton, she is suddenly in love with him. There was little information given about just who and what Colton is, he's not human--that's about all I know. There were times of intense danger but it was rushed, and most often than not the solution came much to easily. The book ends on a bit of a cliffhanger, in the sense that we still have to find out what's going to happen next, and although Somnium was a story that kept me reading, at this time I'm not entirely sure that I want to continue with this series.






1 comment:

  1. I hate slow paced books, shallow characters, and instalove, so I understand why you wouldn't want to continue with the series. Thanks for this review! :D

    http://falln2books.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the CAPTCHA folks. I'm getting too much spam again!!

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every one that I receive and I appreciate your thoughts.