Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Wednesday Random Recommendation (11)



Lair of the Lion:
THE BEAUTY
Impoverished aristocrat Isabella Vernaducci would defy death itself to rescue her imprisoned brother. Though fear formed a fist around her heart, she'd even brave the haunted, accursed lair of the lion - the menacing palazzo of legendary, lethal Don Nicolai DeMarco...
THE BEAST
Rumor said the powerful don could command the heavens, that the beast below did his bidding...and that he was doomed to destroy the woman he took as his wife. It was whispered he was not wholly human - as untamed as his tawny mane and slashing amber eyes.
THE BARGAIN
But Isabella met a man whose growl was velvet, purring heat, whose eyes held dark, all-consuming desire. And when the don commanded her to become his bride, she went willingly into his muscled arms, praying she'd save his tortured soul...not sacrifice her life...

First published in 2002, Lair of the Lion by Christine Feehan is a single title work and not connected with her Carpathian series. Beauty and the Beast is one of my favorite fairy tales, and in this book Christine has put her own twist on the tale that is both beautiful and sensual.





I invite and welcome anyone interested in participating to post their own "Random Recommendation" (original post) on their blog (and include a link back to this blog) and join in the fun! Some books might not be very recent reads, but I hope that just helps these (sometimes forgotten) books earn a spot on your own bookshelf!


3 comments:

  1. Can you take a flyer on a book outside your norms? While I love romances, I also love suspense novels and thrillers, such as this one, "Rogues, Riches and Retribution," a title I just love. A 7-year-old who sees his dad mown down by a reckless driver is groomed as he grows up, by the Mafia, to avenge his father's death. Then, he grows up and falls in love with the driver's daughter. Lots of intrigue, lots of double-dealing, daring plans for heists. Just a unique novel with an intriguing story. Very enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy , hey lady you have 103 up on the GFC. WTG!!!

    I have not read this particular Feehan, it has crossed my radar but just never got picked up. I do however love the Beauty and the Beast fairy tale so maybe need to put it on my wish list on PBS Swap.... Thanks for reminding me and thanks for the recommendation and for stopping by mine today too!!

    jackie b central texas

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liz, I love suspense too, and I'll make sure to put one in next week! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the CAPTCHA folks. I'm getting too much spam again!!

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every one that I receive and I appreciate your thoughts.