Saturday, February 20, 2010

Shift by Rachel Vincent


SHIFT:
Being the first female werecat enforcer isn't easy. Scars accumulate, but I'm stronger in so many ways.

As for my personal life? It's complicated. Choices worth making always are. Ever since my brother's death and my father's impeachment, it's all I can do to prevent more blood from spilling. Now our Pride is under attack by a flight of vicious thunderbirds. And making peace with our new enemies may be the only way to get the best of our old foe.

With the body count rising and treachery everywhere, my instincts tell me to look before I leap. But sometimes a leap of faith is the only real option...



Just like anything else Rachel Vincent has written, she has NOT disappointed her fans with her newest release of the Shifters series, SHIFT. Faythe is a strong heroine even when she believes herself to be weak. What makes her the perfect heroine, is the fact that she is not perfect and has made many mistakes, some good, some bad, but each enabling her to learn and grow into the potential Alpha just waiting to be brought forth from within her. No matter what gets thrown at this werecat, she bounces back to her feet and comes up swinging. Two of her many strengths are her compassion and strong belief in justice. As the Thunderbirds begin to attack the Pride over their fallen member of their Flight, they see justice in their actions as they tear the Pride apart and it is Faythe that points out the difference between justice and vengeance, "Justice is for the victim, vengeance is for the survivor." It's up to Faythe to gather the information that the Pride has been wrongly accused and will stop the attack and save the Pride. While she struggles with the ramifications from certain events that happened in PREY and the task of saving those she loves, we are taken on a whirlwind adventure, immersed deep within Rachel's vivid imagination, from the very first page of the book until the very last the action starts from the beginning and doesn't end until the book is finished. I cannot wait to see what she has in store for our heroine in the conclusion to the series, ALPHA, out October 2010.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the CAPTCHA folks. I'm getting too much spam again!!

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every one that I receive and I appreciate your thoughts.