Thursday, October 4, 2012

Ban This! Harry Potter


Banned Book Week is September 30th to October 6th, and since I am participating in Donna's event to help bring awareness to this ridiculousness that some dork began, oh, I don't know ages ago, I'll  post one challenged book everyday in no particular order until the event ends.




Harry Potter (series) by J.K. Rowling
Reason: Challenged for 'beliefs that anything that mentions a witch or a magic spell is equated with evil.'

Harry Potter thinks he is an ordinary boy. He lives with his Uncle Vernon, Aunt Petunia and cousin Dudley, who make him sleep in a cupboard under the stairs. Then Harry starts receiving mysterious letters and his life is changed for ever. He is whisked away by a beetle-eyed giant of a man and enrolled in Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. The reason: Harry Potter is a wizard!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the CAPTCHA folks. I'm getting too much spam again!!

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every one that I receive and I appreciate your thoughts.