Saturday, September 14, 2013

Shine by Jeri Smith-Ready

Shine:
In this dramatic conclusion to the Shade trilogy, Aura and Zachary’s relationship sizzles as the secrets of the Shift are revealed.

Life can change in an instant, and no one understands that better than Aura. It’s been almost a year since her boyfriend tragically died. She’s finally letting go of Logan’s violet-hued ghost, but not her search to uncover the truth about her past.

As the first in a generation that can see ghosts, Aura is convinced she has a connection to the Shift. She’s trusted Zachary, ever patient and ever by her side, with all that she knows. But when the government threatens his life in an attempt to learn Aura’s secrets, she will stop at nothing to protect herself and the one she loves...even if that means betraying her own heart.


Because I (foolishly) waited so long to finish this series, there are a great number of much better reviews out there than I could ever dream of writing, so I’m going to keep this short and sweet. This book ties up the Shade series beautifully, this trilogy by Jeri Smith-Ready was filled from start to finish with romance, mystery, conspiracies and espionage. I could never see what was going to happen next and Jeri’s extraordinary storytelling took me on an unimaginable journey. In Shine we are given an incredible insight into Zachary’s truly honest feelings for Aura; like just how far he is willing to go to keep her safe. Aura’s tale so far had been slightly overshadowed by the emotional turmoil regarding the two guys she found herself in love with, and in Shine that’s what Aura truly does: shine. She becomes the forefront to the whole epic story, determined to discover the truth about the Shift, and if possible, end it. Aura’s greatest strength is her heart; she will not let anything or anyone get in her way when it comes to protecting her loved ones. Shine was definitely the most emotional book for me because I was constantly on the edge-of-my-seat, with my heart in my throat and tears in my eyes. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the CAPTCHA folks. I'm getting too much spam again!!

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every one that I receive and I appreciate your thoughts.