Wednesday, May 30, 2012

My Book Boyfriend (69)

My Book Boyfriend is a weekly meme hosted by Missie of The Unread Reader, in which we swoon over boys in books!
(I--as in me, Amy--don't like to use commercial photos, I like to use the authors' descriptions and my imagination.)


Loki Staad
Book: Torn by Amanda Hocking
Series: Trylle

He's a Vittra prince with great powers; including the gift to render an enemy unconscious with a simple glance. Caramel eyes and shaggy, almost blond hair. His tanned skin is smooth and flawless, and his jaw is strong, yet somehow delicate. He is willing to give up everything for a girl he has just met because of the kindness she shows to others.








Quotes:

"What would happen if I tried to escape?" I asked.
I didn't see anyone else. If I outran Loki, I could probably get away. Not that I knew where to go, and I still wouldn't be able to free Matt and Rhys.
"I would stop you," he said simply.
"The same way Kyra did at my house?" A pain flared up in my rib, as if reminding me of the damage she'd caused.
"No." Something dark flickered across his face for a second. He quickly erased it and smiled at me. "I would simply take you in my arms and hold you there until you swooned."

"People like me, eh?" He cocked an eyebrow. "You mean devilishly handsome, debonair young men who come to sweep rebellious princesses off their feet?"

He'd never called me by my name before, and the underlying affection underneath it startled me. Even his eyes, which still held their usual veil of playfulness, had something deeper brewing underneath. When he wasn't trying so hard to be devilishly handsome, he actually was.



4 comments:

  1. These quotes are fantastic I´ve always wanted to read this series. Hope I can soon.
    Great pick!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have yet to read this series, but I have seen the trailer and I swooned! I'm sure if I was in his arms, I faint! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this series on my TBR shelf! I need to read it and meet Loki.

    Jennifer @ Feminist Fairy Tale Reviews
    http://feministfairytalereviews.blogspot.com/2012/05/my-book-boyfriend-39-spade.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my sweet goodness - he's the BEST! If there is ever a reason to go out and read this book immediately, it's him, and that is just what I NEED to do right away. Thank you SO much for sharing all of him! :)

    Here's mine:

    http://amylunderman.blogspot.com/2012/05/my-book-boyfriend-12-galen-forza.html

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the CAPTCHA folks. I'm getting too much spam again!!

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every one that I receive and I appreciate your thoughts.