Thursday, May 26, 2011

Theme Thursday (14)

Theme Thursdays

Theme Thursdays is a fun weekly event hosted by Reading Between Pages that will be open from one Thursday to the next. Anyone can participate in it. The rules are simple:
  • A theme will be posted each week (on Thursday’s)
  • Select a conversation/snippet/sentence from the current book you are reading
  • Mention the author and the title of the book along with your post
  • It is important that the theme is conveyed in the sentence (you don’t necessarily need to have the word)
    Ex: If the theme is KISS; your sentence can have “They kissed so gently” or “Their lips touched each other” or “The smooch was so passionate”

This will give us a wonderful opportunity to explore and understand different writing styles and descriptive approaches adopted by authors.


This week’s theme is – CONVERSATION


"Not that," Simon said. "It's about what we were talking about before. About me not having a girlfriend."

"Oh." Clary lifted one shoulder in a shrug. "Oh, I don't know. Ask Jaida Jones out," she suggested, naming one of the few girls at St. Xavier's she actually liked. "She's nice, and she likes you."

"I don't want to ask Jaida Jones out."

"Why not?" Clary found herself seized with a sudden, unspecific resentment. "You don't like smart girls? Still seeking a rockin' bod?"

"Neither," said Simon, who seemed agitated. "I don't want to ask her out because it wouldn't really be fair to her if I did...."

He trailed off. Clary leaned forward. From the corner of her eye she could see the blond girl leaning forward too, plainly eavesdropping. "Why not?"

"Because I like someone else," Simon said.


City of Bones by Cassandra Clare




10 comments:

  1. I want to check this series. That seemed like a very teen conversation though. I don't know if that is good or bad. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems like such a good series!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahah - fun! How much longer will the conversation go on for until she realises?!
    Here's mine:
    http://thebookgatherer.blogspot.com/2011/05/theme-thursday_26.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw I love those sweet awkward conversations. I have had this book on my shelf for two years! It's the only unread book up there. I'm going to start it once I've read my current book :) I've heard such good things about the series.

    My conversation is from The Gargoyle by Andrew Davidson. http://lily-bookhaven.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, that conversation piques my curiosity! I've been noticing this author around, but haven't yet tried the books. Thanks for sharing, and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LoL! That is just great!

    Admittedly, I started this book yesterday and couldn't get into it :( I hope you're enjoying it!

    This is my first post: http://sinnfulbooks.blogspot.com/2011/05/theme-thursdays.html

    sinn @ sinnful books

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi!
    I've read this book. Really good. Just haven't finished the series yet. Have a great day!

    Sherrie
    Just Books
    http://sherriesbooks.blogspot.com/2011/05/theme-thursday_26.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh, good one! This is yet another series I need to read!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds cute :) I keep meaning to check this one out, I love that cover.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So he likes someone else. Interesting ... and the cover is as always FANTABULOUS!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the CAPTCHA folks. I'm getting too much spam again!!

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every one that I receive and I appreciate your thoughts.