Saturday, May 1, 2010

Spells by Aprilynne Pike


Spells:
Six months have passed since Laurel saved the gateway to the faerie realm of Avalon. Now she must spend her summer there, honing her skills as a Fall faerie. But her human family and friends are still in mortal danger--and the gateway to Avalon is more compromised than ever.

When it comes time to protect those she loves, will she depend on David, her human boyfriend, for help? Or will she turn to Tamani, the electrifying faerie with whom her connection is undeniable?

In the Sequel to Aprilynne Pike's Wings, Laurel and David's relationship has grown stronger since the troll attack six month ago, while the relationship between Laurel and her parents has changed, and in the case of her mother, drastically. While her father has taken the announcement of Laurel's heritage in stride, her mother has become the exact opposite of her former self and finds the new dynamics of her daughter unnerving, as she becomes unsure of her role in Laurel's future. Laurel and David's love is tested as She and Tamani become closer in Avalon, where she is invited to spend the summer in order to learn about her heritage and all about being a Fall faerie. Laurel quickly finds that she must make a difficult decision, and the impending result will hurt more than just herself. Along with the trouble in her personal life comes the return of Barnes--the troll who tried to kill Laurel and those she loves for access to her family's land (which hides one of the Gates into Avalon). The introduction of Klea--the self proclaimed troll hunter--adds an intriguing spin to the story and Laurel doesn't quite know if Klea's offer of help and protection can be trusted or not, or whether Klea has more self-serving interests in mind. I loved this book from start to finish.





2 comments:

  1. I've heard she's a great writer! I have Wings & have been meaning to read it for a while, will have to get on it soon. I have so many waiting to be read & so many more I want to buy. :) I see so many books in common that I like on your blog; similar taste! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Shauna! Wings was amazing! I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the CAPTCHA folks. I'm getting too much spam again!!

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every one that I receive and I appreciate your thoughts.