Wednesday, February 1, 2012

My Book Boyfriend (53)


My Book Boyfriend is a weekly meme hosted by Missie of The Unread Reader, in which we swoon over boys in books!
(I--as in me, Amy--don't like to use commercial photos, I like to use the authors' descriptions and my imagination.)



Kieren Morales
Book: Tantalize by Cynthia Leitich Smith
Series: Tantalize

A hybrid-werewolf; well-muscled arms, not such a big guy, but a huge Wolf. He favors T-shirts, faded jeans and cowboy boots. Hair so brown it's almost black: thick and curly, long black eyelashes and full lips. He doesn't always express himself with words, but when he cares for someone he shows his affection through gentle touches, or comforting embraces. He's stronger than an average human, but not as strong as a 100 percent Wolf, so he relies on his brains rather than his brawn.






Quotes:

We sank to the warm ground, and he held me, sobbing, folded against his bloodstained T-shirt, his thundering heart. He buried his nose in my hair, rubbing my back, whispering my name.


Okay. "I love you, you know," I said, by way of apology. A day like this, I could tell him, and it was less risky. More about us as friends.
His answer was to wrap his arms around me, bring my head to his shoulder, my side to his chest. Touching. He was touching me again. I could feel his breath, hear in it something that might've been a whisper, a "Yes."


"He's evil. And you're, you're slipping away. Listen to me, please. I'm begging you. I'll get down on my hands and knees if that's what it takes."



1 comment:

  1. I've been wondering about this series because I met the author last Fall. She is awesome, so I've been wanting to read her books. A hybrid-werewolf sounds cool.

    Thanks, Amy.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the CAPTCHA folks. I'm getting too much spam again!!

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every one that I receive and I appreciate your thoughts.