Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Destined for an Early Grave by Jeaniene Frost


Destined for an Early Grave:
Since half-vampire Cat Crawfield and her undead lover Bones met six years ago, they've fought against the rogue undead, battled a vengeful Master vampire, and pledged their devotion with a blood bond. Now it's time for a vacation. But their hopes for a perfect Paris holiday are dashed when Cat awakes one night in terror. She's having visions of a vampire named Gregor who's more powerful than Bones and has ties to her past that even Cat herself didn't know about.

Gregor believes Cat is his and he won't stop until he has her. As the battle begins between the vamp who haunts her nightmares and the one who holds her heart, only Cat can break Gregor's hold over her. She'll need all the power she can summon in order to bring down the baddest bloodsucker she's ever faced . . . even if getting that power will result in an early grave.



Since starting this series by Jeaniene Frost, I found a whole new love for vampires. I was starting to get tired of the whole vampire scene, but with Cat's kick ass attitude and the new confidence she found in herself over the past three books Halfway to the Grave, One Foot in the Grave, and At Graves End makes me appreciate Jeaniene's writing all the more. Bones never apologizes or acts remorseful for being a vampire and acting true to his nature, he is the perfect alpha male that I enjoy to read. While Cat will always love her mother, I was glad to see her standing up to Justina and not just accepting the constant belligerent comments thrown at her and Bones. The depth of Cat and Bones' relationship is tested as Gregor returns to Cat's life. Although Cat has no idea just who this stranger Gregor is, she does feel a connection to him and as secrets are revealed about Cat's past, Bones is finding it harder to accept Cat as she holds parts of herself away from him. Until Cat can fully trust Bones and accept every part of both herself and Bones' vampire nature, their love might not survive Gregor's attacks against them.





3 comments:

  1. I cannot read the review cause I just started the book. Thus far I LOVE this series. Going on my keeper shelf.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy, the series opened up a new love for many people all over the place. Frost has a huge fan base and do not know anyone who has not heard of Cat and Bones now!

    This one was a true test of the power of their love for Cat and Bones and one of the books that I enjoyed the most in the series...
    jackie ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg...I feel the same way! She's so amazing! I'm halfway through Mencheres' book and I looove it.

    Can't wait for the next one!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the CAPTCHA folks. I'm getting too much spam again!!

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every one that I receive and I appreciate your thoughts.