Friday, July 12, 2013

Forgotten Fridays (61)

I invite and welcome anyone interested to post their own Forgotten Friday and join in the fun! I feature a book that I have read and have forgotten how much I enjoyed it. Some books might recent reads and some might be older reads, but I hope this helps these (sometimes forgotten) books earn a spot on your own TBR pile!

Ondine by Shannon Drake
First Published: January 1988
goodreads
Once she'd been a pampered lady. Then she became an innocent pawn in a terrible game of power and influence. Now, with a noose around her neck, Ondine was to hang before she had the chance to find the traitor who had been her noble father's killer...before she had a chance to live.

Lord Chatham had been called a beast. His eyes hard as silver, his will as strong as steel. He had all the mistresses a man could want, but for his own secret purpose of revenge, he needed a wife. A quirk of fate brought him to the gallows, a flash of destiny made him claim the condemned Ondine as his bride.

Swept up in the intrigues of Charles II's opulent court, surrounded by enemies, neither Ondine nor Chatham expected to find a passion to quell a man's furies, fulfill a woman's deepest desires, and unite them - body, heart, and soul.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the CAPTCHA folks. I'm getting too much spam again!!

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every one that I receive and I appreciate your thoughts.