Wednesday, April 7, 2010

The Reckoning by Kelley Armstrong


The Reckoning:
My name is Chloe Saunders. I'm fifteen, and I would love to be normal.
But normal is one thing I'm not. To start with, I'm having these feelings for a certain antisocial werewolf and his sweet-tempered brother--who just happens to be a sorcerer--but, between you and me, I'm leaning toward the werewolf.
Not normal.
My friends and I are also on the run from an evil corporation that wants to get rid of us--permanently.
Definitely not normal.
And finally, I'm a genetically altered necromancer who can raise the dead, rotting corpses and all, without even trying.
As far away from normal as it gets.



YES! It's finally here! The conclusion to Kelley Armstrong's Darkest Powers series! I have been waiting for this book since May of 2009 when I first discovered the series and thought "Hey, the first two books are out, so the third must be coming soon!" I brought home book one: The Summoning and book two: The Awakening, and quickly became engrossed in Chloe's world, polishing off both books in just two days and was then completely horrified to find out that I had to wait practically a full YEAR to find out what happens to Chloe and the gang! Chloe's world is based in the same world of Kelley's Women of the Otherworld series of necromancers, werewolves, sorcerers, witches, demons and vampires. From the very first book, I have been completely in love with Derek. A young werewolf who has no one to guide him through his first Change, and although he seems rather standoffish when he is first introduced, Chloe befriends him when he helps her to learn that she is a necromancer. Derek's strength lies in his ability to reveal to Chloe his vulnerability, which he doesn't even share with his adoptive brother Simon, and he quickly becomes comforted by her presence when she stays with him when he attempts the Change for the first time, and it brings them closer together.

But The Reckoning is finally here and I loved every minute of it! From start to finish this book is filled with page-turning adventure! Chloe and the gang believe they are safe living with Andrew, who they believe is a friend of Derek and Simon's missing father, Kit. Not long after they have taken up residence in the safe house, Derek and Chloe are attacked by Liam and Ramon, two adult werewolves who are wanted for murder by the Pack. A deep betrayal is soon revealed and the gang once again finds themselves on the run from the Edison Group...



If you love any of Kelley's other books you will definitely love this series from start to finish!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the CAPTCHA folks. I'm getting too much spam again!!

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every one that I receive and I appreciate your thoughts.