Saturday, August 31, 2013

Lover Unbound by J.R. Ward

Lover Unbound:
In Caldwell, New York, war rages between vampires and their slayers. There exists a secret band of brothers-six vampire warriors, defenders of their race. Now the cold heart of a cunning predator will be warmed against its will...

Ruthless and brilliant, Vishous, son of the Bloodletter, possesses a destructive curse and a frightening ability to see the future. As a pretrans growing up in his father's war camp he was tormented and abused. As a member of the Brotherhood, he has no interest in love or emotion, only the battle with the Lessening Society. But when a mortal injury puts him in the care of human surgeon, Dr. Jane Whitcomb compels him to reveal his inner pain and taste true pleasure for the first time-until a destiny he didn't choose takes him into a future that cannot include her.


Lover Unbound by J.R. Ward is the fifth book in the Black Dagger Brotherhood series, and as you know when I read a series back-to-back I rarely review each book. But in this case I just had to say a little something about Vishous and Jane’s story. Every book I have read so far has pulled me deeper into the world of the BDB, and my love for those alpha males knows no bounds. This book felt a little out of time with the series, there was hardly any action with the Lessening society, so the danger was stilted and practically non-existent. Now, with that being said, I loved Vishous’ book. Next to Zsadist's story, this was one of the most emotional of the series yet, and that is just one reason why I so enjoyed Lover Unbound.  There was also plenty of romantic tension and world building, and John Mathew has finally reached his transition. Jane was a very strong character that I thoroughly enjoyed, she didn’t come across as “delicate” or “weak,” and she stood up to the Brothers despite the fact that they scared the very life out of her. I’m still at odds with what happened to Jane in the end, I’m having so much trouble seeing just how Ward plans the future of their relationship to play out, especially concerning Jane’s predicament. But that’s the crux of it isn’t it? She just keeps pulling you in for more; I can’t wait to pick up the next book!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the CAPTCHA folks. I'm getting too much spam again!!

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every one that I receive and I appreciate your thoughts.