Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Freedom to Read Week: Why Haven't I read You? (4)



A few years ago, Ellen Hopkins was scheduled to speak at a public young adult event, and because a few people took issue with her subject matter she was asked to withdraw from the event. So, the long-and-short-of-it is that the publicity led me to Crank; and I was blown away by the emotional turmoil and characters of the book.

So today, in honor of Freedom to Read week, I'm featuring the last book of the trilogy.


We Hear
That life was good
before she
met
                                                  the monster,

but those page flips
went down before
our collective cognition....


Fallout by Ellen Hopkins





No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the CAPTCHA folks. I'm getting too much spam again!!

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every one that I receive and I appreciate your thoughts.