1. When did you first start writing, and was there something in particular that inspired you?
I’ve been writing for as long as I can remember. I think my passion for creating stories and worlds is deeply rooted in the fact that I was read to a lot as a child.
2. What first attracted you to your genre when you began writing?
Definitely fear. I started writing in the post-apocalyptic/dystopian genres towards the end of 2012 when there was all of that hype about the world ending. I didn’t necessarily believe in it, but I was definitely over thinking it in some aspects. I literally obsessed over zombies to the point where it freaked me out and gave me re-occurring nightmares. I eventually decided to embrace my fear, and that’s when I began researching. :)
3. In regards to your own characters, who is your favorite to write and why?
It’s hard to pick one in What Remains. You’d think that the heroine would be my favorite, and in a way, she is. But the person that I’ve enjoyed writing the most is Kelly Bristow (although she prefers going by her last name.) Bristow’s my favorite because she’s the only one that’s styled after me.
4. What other genres (besides your own) do you enjoy reading?
Fantasy and mythology! You will definitely see something from me in one of those genre’s very soon. :)
5. As a reader I know how difficult it can be to name a ‘favorite’ book, would you mind listing your top three? (Past or present authors)
It’s hard to even pick three! Lol.
1. Apocalypse Z
2. The Hunger Games 1-3
6. What are some ‘must haves’ when you sit down to write?
I actually don’t need many things while writing. A comfy spot to sit is a must. Music, usually without lyrics, but either way is fine. And something to drink. :)
7. If you became trapped as a character in a book or series, which would you choose and why? (Any book, any series, new or old)
I think this series would be a common choice, but the world of Harry Potter is always enticing!
This is the End—the REAL End.
This is the madness that we were unprepared for.
Hold on to hope, and security. ...
Don’t let the freaks get you.
And stay in the light.
The world as we know it is over, nature has taken brutal force, and the human race has been driven mad by an unknown disease. In an effort to escort a "Doctor" from one camp to the next, seventeen year old Max Cade will now have to reintroduce her two young friends to the horrors beyond the camp walls that she so badly tried to shield them from. Getting there was supposed to be the easy part, but when traveling through a world of ruin, sometimes the undead have other plans.
Find Kay on Facebook.