Thursday, August 12, 2010

Future Favorites (2)


Future Favorites is an awesome blog feature over at Electrifying Reviews. I post about a book that is yet-to-be-released and that I can't wait to read!





Secrets and Shadows:
Release Date: February 15, 2011 from St. Martin's Press

The supernatural stakes are higher than ever now that more than just werewolves prowl the town of Junction—friendships will be formed, choices will be made and allies may become enemies...
Nothing’s simple when you run with werewolves. Jess Gillmansen thinks she’s seen it all but her eyes are about to be opened to even more danger and a reality far more paranormal than she’s suspected.
With Jess’s realization that the Rusakovas’ mother is still alive and imprisoned, the group’s choices become harder and trust more important. Lines are drawn and relationships change as the broken Rusakova family struggles to reunite to free their mother—and those who Jess thought to be normal people show themselves to be much, much more...



Shannon Delaney shared a snippet over on Mundie Moms and I'd like to share it with you here as well:

He stood outside, darkness clinging to him like a long ebony coat. He wore black jeans and nothing else. Moonlight washed across his bare chest and stomach.

My heart pounded.

Pietr. Dazzling in the darkness. He tilted his head, saying nothing. But I knew what the action meant.

The window slid shut with a squeak. I grabbed a sweater hanging from the edge of my dresser drawer and shrugged into it. Turning off my bedroom lights I locked my door behind me. Dad knew I did so to keep Annabelle Lee from snooping—-he might not suspect anything if he came home late and found it that way.

I crept down the stairs and out the door, ignoring the need for a jacket. If Dad returned while I was gone that’d be the first thing he’d notice. Besides, the way my heart raced so quickly and my blood pumped so hotly I couldn’t imagine I needed a jacket at all.

I edged into the darkness gnawing at the soft light that spilled from Annabelle Lee’s bedroom window above. She was probably still awake, reading.

“Pietr,” I whispered, my eyes struggling to find him among the tree trunks and the branches of bushes crackling in the breeze.

“Uh!” I stumbled back, startled to find him so close. He caught me, his hand hot and fierce as he yanked me up so I stood stably. He studied my face.

“Pocelujte menyah,” I said. Loudly. And very haltingly.

Something flared in his eyes, bright as wildfire, and he grabbed me, covering my mouth with his. I gasped and he moved his lips against mine, pinning our bodies together with his powerful arms.

Every nerve-ending in my body sparked like electricity rioted just beneath my skin as we breathed the same air. Shared the same tastes.
He pulled back, blinking. His eyes glowed the red lantern light of the wolf’s and he blew out a breath, bracing himself.

I threw myself at him, reaching up to wrap my arms around his neck and covering his face with eager kisses.

“Easy,” he said, his voice strangling in a growl as he gripped my waist and pried me off. His eyes were stunningly bright, as bold as the blinking stop light at the edge of town. His nostrils flared, filled with my scent. His form quivered in the darkness, stuttering around the edges. He shook himself, puffed out a breath and rubbed his head. “We need to hurry,” he said, smile curling.

“Where’s the car?”

“Off the road at the driveway’s edge.”

“Let’s go.” I started walking down the drive.

From behind me Pietr called, “This’ll be faster.”

I heard something unzip. My eyes popped realizing Pietr only wore one zipper’s worth of clothing. I spun around and caught a pair of black jeans.

With my face.



1 comment:

  1. I am now adding this one to my ever growing wishing list, good heads up for Thursday Amy. Thanks for finding and sharing!

    jackie ^_^

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the CAPTCHA folks. I'm getting too much spam again!!

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every one that I receive and I appreciate your thoughts.